Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tai Pei Beef & Broccoli +EDITED


Yum! This is one of my favorite frozen meals, after the (possibly discontinued) chicken and broccoli one. It doesn't have any nuts, peas, or seafood in it! Perfect for allergy-havers. It's also fairly healthy and fairly delicious! You can get these at Wal-Mart and apparently also at local grocery stores sometimes. The container is about half full, but it makes a decent quantity - about one normal bowl full. Lots of rice, but plenty of beef and broccoli as well. Good flavor. Sometimes I need to cook it a bit extra if it's frozen in the middle, but otherwise good texture. I really love the broccolis and the sauce. It's the closest to genuine chinese food I've found without allergens! :)


Overall:
Cost: 7/10
Taste: 8/10

UPDATE: "new and improved recipe"???? more like "new and bland and watery recipe". ugh. so disappointing. maybe if I had this for the first time I'd think "it's ok", but after the great thing it once was, this meal is now almost inedible. I don't think I'll buy it anymore. It tastes like nothing at all. It rice is spongy. The meal is watery. Boo.
taste: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment